Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cheesy Chicken & Salsa Skillet

In honor of it being more than a year since any of us last posted, I thought I'd do a post. Also because I just got all my recipes typed up and saved onto my computer. And that makes it a whole lot easier to make a recipe blog. :) It has been forever since I even thought about making a post on here though. Does anyone even look at this blog anymore, I wonder? Ok, here ya go -- it is a recipe I got from my Kraft Foods magazine and it's actually so good. We love it. Fast, simple & still tasty. Hope you enjoy it.

CHEESY CHICKEN & SALSA SKILLET
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
2 c. multigrain penne pasta, uncooked
1 1/4c. thick & chunky salsa
1 lg. green pepper, cut into short, thin strips
1 c. frozen corn, thawed
1 c. shredded cheese of choice

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in salsa, corn and peppers. Bring to boil. Simmer on medium-low heat 10minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
Drain pasta. Add to chicken mixture; mix lightly. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 1 minute or until cheese has melted.

* Can garnish each serving with 1 T. chopped cilantro or 1 chopped green onion.

1 comment:

The Mommies Made Me Do It said...

Hey A&S, just wanted to let you know I replied to your comment on my blog's Giant Sensory Bag post. I'm commenting here because Blogger doesn't automatically send replies to commenters when I reply. Hope the info helps :)